Learn about the challenges and rewards of weaving with wire and strips of metal. Our guest is Arlene Fisch, a prominent jeweler who applies textile processes to metals with spectacular results. I’ll describe a swatch I made by weaving wire, and we’ll tie things up with an audio essay about forging on in the face of adversity.
- Christa Giles
- Arlene Fisch’s gallery on Mobilia
- Hollywood Fancy Feather Co.
- Textile Techniques in Metal, by Arlene Fisch
- Crocheted Wire Jewelry, by Arlene Fisch
- Smithsonian Interview with Arlene Fisch
- HGA Certificate of Excellence